REMEMBER THE SHEARS FAMILY OF THE 1940s AT MONONGAH HIGH? BOB SHEARS' SON, ALSO BOB SHEARS, RECONNECTS WITH CINDY CORDER

 

Blast from the past: Bob Shears

 

Bob Shears, 1978 Fairmont East graduate, reconnected with 1980 North Marion graduate Cindy Corder.

His father, also a Bob Shears, Class of 1949, lived at 549 Camden Avenue and had a reunion with me in my Ohio home decades ago.

Bob Shears the son posted to 1980 North Marion graduate Cindy Corder Brooks:

 

“Our house was on the corner of Camden and Walnut. The bank bought that whole block I think it was like 71 or 72.”

 

Walnut Street, at the intersection of Pike Street, is where I (John Olesky, Class of 1950) was born in the 2nd floor bedroom of my grandparents, Martin Olesky and Marie Perumba Olesky.

 

Cindy told Bob Shears the 1978 son that her sister graduated from Monongah in 1948. But I didn’t find a Corder in my Monongah High graduates lists that go from 1918 through the final class in 1979 before Monongah merged into North Marion.

Bob Shears the son retired from the Farmersville Fire Department and EMS Association. He studied EMS and Fire Classes at Sinclair College.  That’s Farmersville, not Farmington, which is over the hill from my birthplace of Monongah.

This Bob Shears came from Pickens, West Virginia, to Fairmont and married Sue Wellbaum Shears.

 

Jim Shears, Class of 1946, is Bob Shears the father’s brother. Their father was another Jim Shears, a football linebacker-sized man, as I recall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEON CHARLES TRADER, STARTED WITH CLASS OF 1966, PASSES AWAY

JAMIE DAVIS RICHARDS PASSES AWAY. DAUGHTER OF MINNIE DAVIS AND CHICK DAVIS

BOB & SHERRY MYERS COLANERO PASS AWAY 2 DAYS APART. BURIAL JANUARY 12